Drinking water meets high standards for quality and safety16 Nov 2021
In 2020-21, we delivered more than 110 billion litres of drinking water to around 585,000 properties across our service area – and this water met Victoria’s high standards for quality and safety.
We provide drinking water to our customers in line with our obligations under the Safe Drinking Water Act 2003 (Vic), Safe Drinking Water Regulations 2015 (Vic) and the Australian Drinking Water Guidelines. And we report on the quality of water and the results of water monitoring and testing.
In 2020-21, the comprehensive monitoring programs of Western Water and City West Water included regular testing of water samples from 34 localities across our service area. Within these localities, water samples were taken from hundreds of customer taps, as well as from water sources, water service tanks and mains, and water treatment and filtration plants.
City West Water service area
• 98 billion litres of drinking water delivered to 504,908 properties
• 75km of drinking water pipework added to our network
• 3,000+ water samples tested to monitor compliance with water quality standards
Western Water service area
• 16 billion litres of drinking water delivered to 80,721 properties
• 84km of drinking water and recycled water pipework added to our network
• Increased local water sourced to 27% of all drinking water supplied
Greater Western Water will continue water quality management and monitoring to ensure our customers receive safe, high quality drinking water into the future.